Dear Pet Parents,
The internet is a wonderful thing, but it can also be the source of confusion and misinformation. Doing a simple search to find help for our pets results in thousands of results and we have no way of knowing if they are from reliable sources or not. I experienced this myself in 2020 and decided it was time for someone to provide families with a website where they know they can find the information they need, when they need it.
Our vision is to be the most trusted source for pet information while building a diverse, supportive community of pet parents to make the world a kinder, safer, more beautiful place for animals and the people who love them… and keep them out of the sheltering system.
With your support, we…
- Help families gain access to veterinary care, social services and pet-friendly housing,
- Advocate for pets to ensure they are viewed and treated as beloved family members,
- Create insightful content to help pet parents provide even better care for their pets,
- Usher in new narratives and approaches to better protect and honor our pets,
- Be an affordable resource to ALL pet parents, regardless of income level or where they acquired their pet.
I hope you will join our family, use our information, and engage with us about your pet(s)!
Tom Van Winkle
Founder and CEO
American Association of Pet Parents
AAPP helps pet parents take excellent care of their pets, despite any obstacles life may throw your way. We offer valuable information and resources on a wide range of topics of interest to all pet parents, including pet behavior and training tips, maintaining the health of you pet, information on pet nutrition, and much more.
With the collective power of our Pet Parents, donors and partners, we drive animal welfare programs to help pets, people and shelter in most need. Learn more about our programs and how we help