Find this Interesting? Subscribe to our newsletter on pet health, behavior, nutrition and the human-animal bond (2-3 emails/month). You can unsubscribe anytime.
Become a Pet Parent
Join our community of Pet Parents to help keep pets Happy, Healthy & in a loving Home - and out the shelters!
Share this article:
Garden and Yard Safety
Tips for keeping your pets safe in the garden and yard
- Make sure the plants in your garden and yard are safe for pets.
- Store lawn fertilizer and insecticides out of reach of your pets.
- Always follow safety instructions on lawn and garden products, particularly the instructions on how long you should keep pets out of the treated areas.
- If you use a lawn service, make sure they are aware that you have pets.
- Avoid using cocoa bean mulch, which contains the same pet toxin found in chocolate.
The American Association of Pet Parents (AAPP) is a national nonprofit dedicated to keeping pets happy, healthy and in their loving homes – and out of animal shelters.